Re: Freedesktop thumbnail icon support

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Freedesktop thumbnail icon support
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:23:01 +0100

On 2003-09-01 17:05:50 +0000 Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

I just submitted support for Freedesktop thumbnail icons to NSWorkspace. They
work wounderfull inside of GWorkspace, of course only when another application
has already created them. You will only benefit from this support when
Konqueror or another similar file manager is running on your desktop. Ah yes,
you also have to switch thumbnails on with the user default value
GSUseFreedesktopThumbnails, by default they are off.

The biggest problem implementing this was a bug in NSBitmapImagerep which I had
to fix first. The second problem the know abnormally of our URL handling. The
rest is just the same code I did mail around half a year ago.

Hope you like it

Yes, it's a good addition ! If possible, I think GNUstep should implement
freedesktop
specs when it is reasonable.
Now we just need a method to create thumbnails according to freedesktop specs in
GWorkspace (or by a service ?) -- enrico did a thumbnail creation, but I think
it is not
"freedesktop-compatible" ?

--
Nicolas Roard <address@hidden> PGP : http://www.roard.com/download/key.gpg.asc