Application launching

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Application launching
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:25:40 +0200

Hi,

While using GNUstep, I have found something a bit not very comfortable: when I
launch an application from GWorkspace and it is already running I get that
standard warning. Is there any reason for such warning? I would expect that the
new application task will activate running application (as by doubleclicking on
windowmaker icon) and silently exit. Usualy you do not want to launch more
instances of an application, and for those few cases there should be some
commandline switch instead.

I think, that activating existing app and exiting is more intuitive behaviour.

What do you think? Would it be possible to change that?

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://urbanek.host.sk

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi