New GWorkspace feature (fwd)

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: New GWorkspace feature (fwd)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 17:00:53 +0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 2003-10-09 13:38:04 +0300
From: Enrico Sersale <address@hidden>
Subject: New GWorkspace feature

I've added support for cut, copy and paste to the tabbed shelf; that is, you
can use it to keep multiple pasteboards contents and reuse them when you want.
For example, you can put on a tab some Gorm objects and paste them in other
Gorm files when you need.
Actually the NSStringPboardType, NSRTFPboardType, NSRTFDPboardType,
NSTIFFPboardType and the IBViewPboardType, are supported.
For the NSStringPboardType, NSRTFPboardType, NSRTFDPboardType and
NSTIFFPboardType types a preview of the contents is available in the GWorkspace
Contents Inspector.

I'm writing a previewer for the IBViewPboardType that seems to work with many
kind of objects copyed from a Gorm window. But I've noticed a problem:

1) I create a NSBox in Gorm with a CustomView in it.
2) now I cut or copy the NSBox with its content.
3) then I paste it on the GWorkspace shelf or in a Gorm window.

In both the cases, (Gorm window or GWorkspace shelf) I get a "decoded nil class" or
"expected object and got unsigned int" exception from NSUnarchiver.
So, I think that the bug is in Gorm, where the pasteboard is created.
Before committing, I'd want to know if this is a known Gorm problem and if it
will be fixed soon.