Re: New GWorkspace feature (fwd)

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: New GWorkspace feature (fwd)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:17:55 +0300

On 2003-10-12 20:52:06 +0300 Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

--- Enrico Sersale <address@hidden> wrote:
On 2003-10-12 07:21:15 +0300 Gregory John Casamento

On 2003-10-11 20:13:01 +0300 Gregory John Casamento
> <snippage...>
IBViewPboardType previewer uncommenting:
    return NO;
at the beginning of -displayData:ofType: in the implementation of the
IBViewPboardViewer that is in
ContentViewers/PasteboardViewer/PasteboardViewer.m.
But you can reproduce the problem, without using GWorkspace, pasting the
object in the same Gorm window where you copied the object from.
> I have reproduced this within Gorm and I know why it's happening there. I'm
not sure that the fix will, however, benefit GWorkspace. :/

Not true :-)
I'm now able to paste CustomView objects, even if subviews of a NSBox. It was
enaugh to add a "CustomView" class (that does nothing) to the inspector.
Now I've problems only with NSBrowser, NSTableView, NSOutlineView and
NSPopUpButton (due of NSMenu).
Tomorrow I'll try to solve this problem, too.
Any suggestion?

Try creating a subclass of NSView in Gorm and setting the Custom View to be
that class by using the attributes inspector in Gorm.   Then try to load this
into GWorkspace. It will try to decode itself as the class you selected. I
believe this will still break it.

I've simply added a dummy implementation of these classes and this works :-)
This because I need only to treat the objects as objects that inherit from
NSView; the real data is keeped on the disk and can be pasted back in Gorm.

Enrico

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento