Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Window focus fixes.

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Window focus fixes.
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:02:00 +0100

Alexander Malmberg wrote:
+ 2003-11-19  Adam Fedor  <address@hidden>
+
+       * Window Focus fixes.
+       * Source/NSApplication.m (-activateIgnoringOtherApps:): Make
+       hidden_key key only if we have no key, make main key if neither,
+       make menu key as last resort.
+       (-deactivate): Resign main window.
+       (Patches from Benhur Stein <address@hidden>).
+       (-unhideWithoutActivation): Set hidden=no before ordering windows
+       to avoid possible recursive loops.
+       * Source/NSWindow.m (-sendEvent:)(NSLeftMouseDown): Activate app
+       after ordering window front.
+       (-sendEvent:)(GSAppKitWindowFocusIn): Don't make ourselves key
+       if we're not the modal window. Remove check for app isHidden.

It seems that these changes broke 'Hide', at least here (windowmaker).
If I try to hide an app that has open windows, it will merely flash
(likely hiding and then unhiding directly). I haven't had time to look
closely at why yet. Can anyone else reproduce this?

I did check on WindowMaker, KDE and Gnome and hide did work in GSTest as expected. Could you be more specific which application fails and which steps are needed to reproduce this?