Re: Object allocation

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Object allocation
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:59:52 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Next on the list, but far behind is GSNotification, here we could think about a pool implementation, as only a few are needed at one time.

I had another look at the notifications and most of them seem to come from the method [NSWindow update]. Here we could just cache one NSNotification per window and always send this.

Here a bug in the documentation of NSNotificationCenter needs fixing. The comment before method -postNotification: suggest that his calls -postNotificationName:object:userInfo: which is no longer true.