Question and Note about NSConnection and autogsdoc

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Question and Note about NSConnection and autogsdoc
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:53:41 -0800

Hi,

I'm not sure whether the following two issues are bugs, features or a
misunderstanding on my part...

1) NSConnection

According to the docu, +defaultConnection returns the default connection
for a thread, with a _single_ NSPort for sending _and_ receiving.

But, [[conn sendPort] portNumber] and [[conn receivePort] portNumber]
return two different values with a difference of 4 (eg. 49512 for send,
and 49516 for receive).

How's that?
The way I understand the docu, both should return the same value.

2) autogsdoc

If you install a new GNUstep _on_top_ of an existing one, including the
documentation, autogsdoc will happily add methods that are part of
external Frameworks or Libraries.

As an example, I got an NSData (Crypt) category that includes a
method for creating a soundex for a given word.

autogsdoc adds that method -soundexForWord right to the "Software
documentation for the NSData class" method list, that is, as if it was
part of the official GNUstep (Foundation in this case) ...

I'm not sure whether this is a good idea, or not.

While it's nice to see all possible/available methods, at least they
should be added under their respective category, so you know they are
NOT something official, but come from an "add-on".

By the way, the links for those methods go to the correct pages, ie. the
docu for the respective Framework or Library.

--
Chris