Re: Keyed decoding of geometry

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Keyed decoding of geometry
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:16:21 -0800 (PST)

--- Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Gregory John Casamento wrote:
> > Does Apple use a separate method for this?   If not, why should we?
> >

> To save me some typing.
> Or if this is not sufficent for you (Which would be sad to hear), than
> yes, Apple does it the same way. At least they want me to spend my time
> with better things than typing the same lines over and over again.

Fred, my reply was partially facetious.   Also, I don't understand your
attitude/indignation, as I was asking a simple question which had *NOT* been
addressed in your previous emails.

Apple, to my knowledge, does not split this out into two methods, the
aforementioned initWithCoder: and initWithKeyedCoder:, as YOU proposed.   They
test the NSCoder instance to see if it's capable of keyed coding in the
initWithCoder: method.   This keeps all coding in one method, *where it
belongs*.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Maintainer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) -------