Re: [RFA]: BOOL coding standards (Was: Problemwith+numberWithBool:?)

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: [RFA]: BOOL coding standards (Was: Problemwith+numberWithBool:?)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:54:12 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:
> If we plan on using it thoughout GNUstep, we should probably make
> it public (as an extension) and probably document it also - people
> tend to use the stuff they see in the GNUstep source in their own
> code. I don't think there will be an issue with conflicting macros.

The names I've seen suggested so far (is, _is, isYES in various
capitalizations) are fine for use _in_ GNUstep, but I think they are all
too generic to be ok as public names. The public version would need a
longer name, or a GS prefix.

(I think the case is obvious for "is". "_is" conflicts with python's
headers. google suggests that "isYES", with various capitalizations, is
a fairly common as a variable/function name.)

- Alexander Malmberg