Standard fonts..

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Standard fonts..
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 19:40:50 -0800 (PST)

After upgrading to SuSE9.0 this past weekend I made a rather suprising
discovery: SuSE 9.0 seems to lack the Helvetica font in a format we can use
under GNUstep (unless I've gotten something wrong).

I believe that we need to package the necessary fonts for both the xlib and art
withing GNUstep to prevent an end-user from going through this.  I know that we
package the fonts with art, but I don't believe that we do so with xlib.

Even if these fonts can be gotten from an external source, they should likely
be distributed with GNUstep or, at least we should document where the user can
get them.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.