Re: Someone may want to fork cairo backend development. Oh deer!

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Someone may want to fork cairo backend development. Oh deer!
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:53:50 +0200 (MEST)

> So I decided to link Maliwan (http://maliwan.sf.net) into my
> implementation
> of cairo backend finally. And may be someone want to fork the development
> away?
> I can't resist my own Maliwan hype! And it will be in just for system
> color
> profile managements and color transforms. So I have to say now, I want
> Maliwan to be
> the default color framework for GNUstep. But feel free to start your own
> implementation if you
> don't like this since the profile using isn't really important if you
> aren't
> so color-critical,
> and I understand that inviting more 2 dependencies (Maliwan & lcms) is
> annoying.
> I can put #ifdef later but not for now because, for me, DTP is everything
> do with GNUstep.

I find it great to have colour management in GNUstep, until I am back home
and able to see the code I am not sure, if the place you put this is the
best for all of GNUstep, but hopefully cairo zill become the min backend at
some time, so it doesn`t matter to much. More important is, if the cairo
backend finally made it into the GNUstep CVS? If not, could we just ignore
the paperwork and move it anyway?

Cheers

NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/info