libgnustep-base-entry question

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: libgnustep-base-entry question
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:12:30 +0200

In the windows specific file "libgnustep-base-entry.m" the
following code appears in the function DllMain:

   WNDCLASS wc;

   wc.lpszClassName = "GnustepBaseSocketHandler";
   wc.lpfnWndProc = gnustep_base_socket_handler;
   if (!RegisterClass(&wc))
      NSLog (@"Error: Could not register WIN32 socket handler class.\n");

Does anyone knows why this code is here?  The idea seems
to be that we install an event handler that will
handle all kind of socket events.  However the implementation
seems to do nothing usefull.   So is this code actually
usefull?  I have removed this code and everything still
seems to work.  The code as it is now has the proplem that
if you:

* attach the gnustep dll
* detacch the gnustep dll
* attach the gnustep dll again,

the RegisterClass function fails.

I propose to take this code out.  However I know nothing
about this windows API and I hope someone who does
can comment on this.

Wim Oudshoorn.