Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:49:05 +0300

On 2004-05-10 13:27:28 +0300 David Ayers <address@hidden> wrote:

Stefan Urbanek wrote:
Hi,

Would it be possible to send only diffs from */ChangeLog files and list of changed files instead of full patches?

Hello Stefan,

In my view this would defeat the purpose of being subscribed to the list. Hardly anyone posts patches before they are committed and we have no formal review process. I'm not saying that we necessarily need one, but I think the cvs commit list allows for some minimal peer review. I occasionally scan them and send comments to the authors privately (unless it's of special interest to everyone).

Yes, David has just noticed to me a bug in one of my files.
But, for example, I'll have soon to commit ~300KB for the new Desktop.app and
remove some parts from GWorkspace. And 300 - 400 KB of diffs seems a bit too
big to send to all the list...

Of course once the old format can be restored, I don't mind following the links to the viewCVS links.

Cheers,