Question on NSEvent

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Question on NSEvent
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 21:29:20 +0200

For the method [NSEvent eventNumber] GNUstep follows closely the Cocoa specification that an exception should be raised when used on a non-mouse/tracking event. Now according to the examples in "Cocoa Programming" this isnt really true for Cocoa. There it seems to be possible to call this method on all types of events. The OpenStep specification doesn't say much on this subject and my question now is, if we should change our current behavious here. Coudl somebody please test this method on a key event on OpenStep and perhaps different Cocoa versions and report the results?