NSSystemDefaults?

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: NSSystemDefaults?
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:49:06 -1000

While working on GSCUPS, I realized that having the ability to save global system defaults in fashion similar to how NSUserDefaults works for each user would be very handy.

For example, let's say the administrator of a system wants all the users to use a certain printer by default?

I'm wondering why such a thing was never done on NS or OS, OS X does not do it either (the Cocoa Docs say to use CoreFoundation for this type of functionality).

Any thoughts on this?

Chad