Re: gui/back interface

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gui/back interface
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:55:02 +0200

Dan Mardale wrote:

I'd like to know a few details about the architecture of back...
Where can I find the declaration of the interface between gui and back?
Is there any specification for this interface?

Sad enough there is no formal specification for this interface. (Would you be willing ot write one?)
The best you can get are:
gui/Headers/Additions/GNUstepGUI/GSDisplayServer.h
gui/Headers/Additions/GNUstepGUI/GSFontInfo.h
gui/Headers/AppKit/NSGraphicsContext.h

But as these classes are only semi abstract, there is already a lot of implementation in GUI, so a backend does not have to implement the full range of methods.

Hope this helps as a start.