Re: Patch for window decoration

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Patch for window decoration
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 17:12:58 +0200

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> Alexander Malmberg wrote:
> > Fred Kiefer wrote:
> >>I am using KDE 3.2.1 on a SuSE Linux 9.1,
> >
> > Which window manager are you using?
>
> KDE?

That's a desktop environment, not a window manager. :) It seems like the
default window manager in that case is kwin, so I guess that's what
you're using.

> >>The problems can be seen in the GSTest applciation by resizing the
> >>colour well. Here sometimes an area of the window will stay white.
> >
> > I'm unable to reproduce this with windowmaker, fvwm, fvwm2, or twm.
> > Could you send me the output of the log command at XGServerEvent.m, line
> > 680, while resizing the window? (--GNU-Debug=NSEvent will give you this,
> > but also lots of other irrelevant data; probably easiest to temporarily
> > change the NSDebugLLog to a NSLog.)
>
> Starting the color well leave the right quater of the window blank:

>From a quick look at this, it seems that your window manager is resizing
the window while you drag the edge (instead of dragging an outline and
doing a single resize when it's done), so that might be what causes the
problems. Final events look ok, though. I'll do some more testing here.

- Alexander Malmberg