Re: New documenation look

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: New documenation look
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:55:23 -0600

On Jun 22, 2004, at 5:56 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

BTW, there were a couple of requests to generate a PDF version of the manual. This would seem like a good thing to have in place of the current postscript version that gets installed. There is a "texi2pdf" command in at least my texinfo distribution. I'd like to switch the "texi.make" rules to use this by default instead of the texi2dvi + dvips toolchain. This means you can still generate .ps by passing arguments to the documentation make, but by default it will do .pdf (in addition to .info and .html) instead. I don't want to do this if some systems are depending on the .ps being generated in the default case though. Anyone have an opinion?

I think that sounds nice. Particularly since we have a PDF viewer but not a PS viewer now (although I suppose someone could make the later).