Re: win32 backend trouble with latest changes to the Appkit

From: MA Garcias
Subject: Re: win32 backend trouble with latest changes to the Appkit
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:02:26 +0200

Oops, it was our mistake, we've found that the error comes from some modifications WE made to the win32 backend. False alarm, sorry.
Thanks for the tip.
maGarcias | tragnarionStudios

Alexander Malmberg wrote:

MA Garcias wrote:
Anyone here using the win32 backend has noticed any strange behavior
since last changes in the GNUstep GUI? Specifically, the main menu not
being displayed.

What do you mean by "not displayed"? Does the main menu window not
appear at all? Is the window blank when it appears (or is the contents
of the window otherwise wrong)? Are other windows ok?

Could it be somewhat related to the
"autodisplayedwindow" feature in NSWindow?

Window content-related problems could be related to the recent changes
in how this is handled.

And by the way, what is the
intended use of the addAutodisplayedWindow, etc. new methods?

As indicated by the leading underscore in their names, they are internal
-gui methods. They aren't supposed to be used by anything outside -gui.

- Alexander Malmberg