ANN: Generator in DevKit

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: ANN: Generator in DevKit
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:29:56 +0200

Hi,

I have put the ObjectiveC generator into the DevelopmentKit framework. It is
slightly modified version and still it is a prototype. It reads attributes from
instance variable comments.

DESCRIPTION

Attributes are:
    noarchive - object will NOT be archived/unarchived
    readonly - setter method will NOT be generated
    object - instance variable is an object (hint for generator, not needed
             for 'id' type)
    public - accessor methods will be generated
By default a variable is private (without accessors) and archived according to
base type.
Attributes are written inside comments after last pipe '|' character, so there
is space for ivar description:

@interface MyClass
    int myInteger; /** This is my integer description | public readonly */
    NSString *name; /** This is my name | public object */
@end

Now it uses template merger, so you can write any template you like for the
generated output. Sample template is attached.

WHERE TO GET IT?

From CVS here: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/develkit/
Or download .tar.gz from here:
http://stefan.agentfarms.net/Download/GNUstep/DevelopmentKit-20040727.tar.gz

INSTALLATION
    > make
    > make install

TESTING
Go to the Testing directory, run: stexec generate.st. It should takes the
included Test.h file as input and should create Test-generated.m as output.
Look at gen_template.m for the mentioned template.

Pathes/suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you
win.
- Mahatma Gandhi

<generate.st><gen_template.m>