Re: Next release

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Next release
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:18:26 +0200

Adam Fedor wrote:
> I'm hoping to make new releases of the core libraries soon. The
> libraries will have new SONAMES, reflecting the many binary
> incompatibilities with almost all previous versions. (Incidentally -
> how do we version the backend bundle (or any bundle, really)?)
>
> So get in all the binary incompatible changes you can before than.  If
> I have time I can do this next week, but I'm really busy, so I'd be
> more than willing to wait till probably at least Aug 20 if anyone has
> stuff they want to see get in.

Well next to
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=9382
which I believe may break more then binary compatibility (i.e. DO
interoperability between different GNUstep versions).

I think this would be good time to get rid of all the deprecated
features (see GSObjCRuntime.h).

I don't think we should rush it.  If we're going to break binary
compatibility, let's do it level headed and give the release a bit more
time.

Cheers,