Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] Commit Update
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:15:01 +0200

+2004-08-09 14:38  Alexander Malmberg <address@hidden>
+
+       * Headers/AppKit/NSWindow.h: _frame is the window frame.
+       (+screenRectForFrameRect:styleMask:,
+       +frameRectForScreenRect:styleMask:): New methods.
+       * Source/GSDisplayServer.m (-window:::, -styleoffsets:::::):
+       Update documentation.
+       * Source/GSStandardWindowDecorationView.m
+       (+screenOffsets::::forStyleMask:): Implement new method.
+       * Source/GSWindowDecorationView.h (+screenRectForFrameRect:styleMask:,
+       +frameRectForScreenRect:styleMask:): New methods.
+       * Source/GSWindowDecorationView.m (+screenOffsets::::forStyleMask:,
+       +screenRectForFrameRect:styleMask:,
+       +frameRectForScreenRect:styleMask:): Implement them.
+       * Source/NSWindow.m (+screenRectForFrameRect:styleMask:,
+       +frameRectForScreenRect:styleMask:): Implement new methods.
+       (-_initBackendWindow): Always update _wv's frame.
+

Hi Alex,

this changes look great, as they clean up an area that has been obscure for a long time. Two comments though, the new methods on NSWindow should be flagged with the #ifndef NO_GNUSTEP #endif preprocessor statements to make clear that these are GNUstep extensions. As our headers will be used by different people, some sticking only to the old OpenStep specification, some using the current Cocoa interfaces, we should at least hint, which methods are portable and which are GNUstep specific.

And the other thing that wonders me is, if the variable windowDecorator in NSWindow.m shouldn't be of type CLASS? You made it id<GSWindowDecorator> which is, as far as I understand it, an object which repsonds to the protocol GSWindowDecorator, but acutally we have a class object here, of a subclass of GSWindowDecorationView. Not that this causes to much differences, but isn't there a better way in Objective-C to express this?

Cheers