Re: thoughts on WindowMaker

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: thoughts on WindowMaker
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 11:08:53 +0200

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 15:01, Nicola Pero wrote:
<snip>

> > Why? It was put there by Alex intentionaly as it is required to be there
> > for some time.  Not as a short notice but something that will get into
> > visitors eyes immediately.
>
> Except a large part of developers never agreed that the notice should be
> there at all.  They were not even informed that the notice would be put
> there until we got nasty and offended emails from our fellow WindowMaker
> project complaining about our official aggression against them.

Ok, my fault, I apologise. Next time I should rather discuss the issue
before taking actions.

On the other hand, i do not think that the messages nor the content of
the wiki page were offensive or aggressive agains anyone. They were not
even saying that some side is wrong, they were just emhpasizsing the
difference. And that is the point.

> We can have this dicussion if you want, if we end up agreeing that the
> notice should be there, then we put it there, but not before.

Yes, the discussion about this topic IS necessary.

> It is all part of normal cooperation between a large group of dispersed
> people being part of a project.  We need to talk to each other and discuss
> things and realize that none of us singularly is "GNUstep" -- we, _all
> together_, are GNUstep.

You are right.

Stefan