Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui Headers/AppKit/NSCell.h Source...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui Headers/AppKit/NSCell.h Source...
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:35:55 +0200

Quentin Mathé wrote:
Well, the new draw methods used by GSToolbarButtonCell are needed, because the last Alexander changes to NSButtonCell make the toolbar ugly because of the toolbar item's especially low label position now when you use NSImageAbove mode for the image position (which is set for GSToolbarButton). Moreover GSToolbarBackView, which is equivalent of the GSToolbarButton when you use a custom view with the toolbar item, relies on its layout code for the label, then each time NSButtonCell text layout is changed, the toolbar item's label layout code is broken between the toolbar items which are using a view and the ones which aren't. Conclusion : because Alexander doesn't think it is a good idea (for backward compatibility reason) to change the button cell text layout to have a larger margin between the border and the title, I decided to roll my own layout for the toolbar items label which as a side effect eliminates the code synchronisation issue between GSToolbarBackView and NSButtonCell.

Oops, so I better stay out of this discussion.
Sorry to ever have asked :-)