Fwd: Ah, got gnustep-back built, now a different error

From: stefan
Subject: Fwd: Ah, got gnustep-back built, now a different error
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:07:03 +0200

Any clues what can be wrong? I have perfectly working GNUstep from CVS
(unfortunately for this situation) so I can not reproduce described problems.
Here is a summary of forwarded email with several suggestions:

1. -back was not installed

I think that back is a bit obscure thing for end users. It is natural to
developers, but why should anyone have to install it separately? Would it be
possible to make -back transparent to the average user somehow? I mean, that he
should not even know that there is something like gnustep-back, only -base and
-gui. Everything that is not in direct contact with user should remain hidden.

2. Unknown time zone name `CST'.

3. Unable to launch gnustep services

3.1 Unable to launch gdomap on app launch

AFAIK there is a default for disabling gdomap and using some local naming
technique. Would not it be better if the default was turned on by default? This
will remove requirements for gdomap.

3.2 Unable to connect to gdnc on app launch

Thanks for any help,

Stefan

----- Preposlaná správa od Paul Johnson <address@hidden> -----
   Dátum: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:51:47 -0500