Re: Versioning (Was: Re: GNUstep on freshmeat)

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Versioning (Was: Re: GNUstep on freshmeat)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:57:07 -0700

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

I think that GNUstep is stable enough to be 1.0

As someone said: Evolution is not about being the best, but good enough. :-) And
it is true not only in bology, if you look how other SW looks like.

In addition, how can GNUstep have some slashdot publicity on the 1.0 release? I
do not know how it works, but often I see gnome and kde being there.

I have tried that several times, but mostly none of the messages came through. Maybe it will be beter for a 1.0 release, but I shouldn't count on it.

What you do to get stuff on Slashdot is to have 20-30 different people submit the same story, in various different but very similar wordings.