Weekly snapshots and binaries

From: stefan
Subject: Weekly snapshots and binaries
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:04:22 +0200

Would it be possible to create weekly CVS snapshots of core in .tar.gz format
somewhere on gnustep ftp site? Similar to daily CVS snapshots but not in
.tar.bz2. I would suggest package name like: GNUstep-source-20040924.tar.gz.

Moreover, it would be nice if we can have automated weekly binary builds with
GNUstep-bin-date.tar.gz with small install script of simply moving System and
Local directories to user specified GNUstep root. Is that possible? Something
like:

  cd GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR
  ./install-all BUILDDIR
  tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR

Installation instructions:

  mkdir desired_gnustep_root
  cd desired_gnustep_root
  tar -zxf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz

I voulenteer for weekly freshmeat announcements of those snapshots.

Stefan

p.s.: alex: I am forwarding this to you as you mentioned that you have problems
receiving emails from gnustep-dev.