Re: Weekly snapshots and binaries

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: Weekly snapshots and binaries
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:07:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:04:22 +0200 address@hidden wrote:
 >| Would it be possible to create weekly CVS snapshots of core in .tar.gz
 >format
 >| somewhere on gnustep ftp site? Similar to daily CVS snapshots but not in
 >| .tar.bz2. I would suggest package name like: GNUstep-source-20040924.tar.gz.

Yes for weekly tar.gz snapshots.
For the name, it's easier for me to keep somethings like
GNUstep-source-core-20040924.tar.gz
GNUstep-source-dev-apps-20040924.tar.gz
GNUstep-source-dev-libs-20040924.tar.gz

 >| Moreover, it would be nice if we can have automated weekly binary builds
 >with
 >| GNUstep-bin-date.tar.gz with small install script of simply moving System
 >and
 >| Local directories to user specified GNUstep root. Is that possible?
 >Something
 >| like:
 >|
 >|   cd GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR
 >|   ./install-all BUILDDIR
 >|   tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR
 >|
 >| Installation instructions:
 >|
 >|   mkdir desired_gnustep_root
 >|   cd desired_gnustep_root
 >|   tar -zxf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz

Yes if I know how to get this GNUstep-bin

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - OXYMIUM <address@hidden>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0999  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998