Re: Weekly snapshots and binaries

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Weekly snapshots and binaries
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:20:52 +0200

Citát Manuel Guesdon <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:04:22 +0200 address@hidden wrote:
>  >| Would it be possible to create weekly CVS snapshots of core in .tar.gz
> format
>  >| somewhere on gnustep ftp site? Similar to daily CVS snapshots but not in
>  >| .tar.bz2. I would suggest package name like:
> GNUstep-source-20040924.tar.gz.
>
> Yes for weekly tar.gz snapshots.
> For the name, it's easier for me to keep somethings like
> GNUstep-source-core-20040924.tar.gz
> GNUstep-source-dev-apps-20040924.tar.gz
> GNUstep-source-dev-libs-20040924.tar.gz

ok. Should I create freshmeat entries for
- GNUstep Developer's Apps (dev-apps)
- GNUstep Developer's Framework Collection (dev-libs)

?

>  >| Moreover, it would be nice if we can have automated weekly binary builds
> with
>  >| GNUstep-bin-date.tar.gz with small install script of simply moving System
> and
>  >| Local directories to user specified GNUstep root. Is that possible?
> Something
>  >| like:
>  >|
>  >|   cd GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR
>  >|   ./install-all BUILDDIR
>  >|   tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR
>  >|
>  >| Installation instructions:
>  >|
>  >|   mkdir desired_gnustep_root
>  >|   cd desired_gnustep_root
>  >|   tar -zxf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz
>
> Yes if I know how to get this GNUstep-bin

The line:

   tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz GNUSTEP_CORE_SOURCE_DIR

should be:
   tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-DATE.tar.gz BUILDDIR

or rather:
   tar -zcf GNUstep-bin-linux-DATE.tar.gz BUILDDIR

Stefan