Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/back ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:17:20 -0600

On Sep 24, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

CVSWeb URLs:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnustep/gnustep/core/back/ ChangeLog.diff?tr1=1.325&tr2=1.326&r1=text&r2=text

In general, I think it's good to commit all the related files and the ChangeLog at the same time, so it's easier to see what changes are related to each other.

Will do. Out of curiosity are there scripts that are keying on closely spaced commits or something? I didn't think CVS recognized changesets..

No.

when I want to commit something, I just do

cvs -z3 commit

or give it a list of files if I have a few unrelated changes. Everything commited with the same commit command gets tagged with the same time and also is included in the same commit mail. It's also easier to break out a patch or revert the change if it's all together.