Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:01:16 +0100

On 2004-09-30 14:11:48 +0100 Quentin Mathé <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm all for it too. A foundation dedicated to GNUstep is probably the best
> choice from the legitimacy and visibility points of view.

Can you explain why? It seems less likely to be less trusted than FSF and I'm
still waiting for Adam Fedor to say if he's asked FSF whether we can do most of
the tax-break stuff through them, without the overheads of our own corporation.

If visibility is the concern, does this need to be "GNUstep Foundation" rather
than "GNUstep Marketing Foundation" or "GNUstep Promotion Association"?

> We trust you Gregory :-)

I don't think I know Gregory?

This discussion seems to be cc'd to a gnustep-dev list: is that in the gnu.*
newsgroups too?

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk