Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-marketing] GNUstep Foundation
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 01:27:48 +0100

On 2004-10-02 00:36:24 +0100 Gregory John Casamento <address@hidden> wrote:

We are only considering the possibility of a Foundation, no one has said it's the "Final Solution". I'm simply not sure that having the FSF handle the
funds is the best way to go, that's all. [...]

Nor am I, but I think we should find out before proposing particular forms. I think we agree on that?

I was brought into this thread part-way through and told at one point that the other discussion was on a private list. People already seemed to be rallying to support the Foundation: I was just trying to find out its basic details, as it's a topic I know something about.

Soon, it seemed that the only thing that had been taken was a decision to form a Foundation. All the aims and methods seemed to become nebulous. Every other poster seemed to have a new idea. This looked like a balls-up in progress. Try reading it from the marketing list archive and see how it looks.

Now it's finally clear that no decision has been taken. Please can we start gathering the information and discuss the form later? Having people guessing important details is not very useful, like programming and guessing half the keywords is not very fun.

What I find offensive is being told that I'm writing with my arse, or that it's just inane chatter. It's really nice to be valued, but this isn't a discussion where I'm valued. Well, tough. I'm still going to act in my own interests and having GNUstep not balls-up supporter donations is one of those interests.

I find it impossible to hold a normal conversation with you [...]

As far as I know, we've never met. Email is ill-suited to normal conversation, especially intercontinental. Call me at work next week if you want to try a conversation (not Wed or Thu), tell me your jabber details and times or maybe I'll see you at FOSDEM next year.

 Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk