Re: GSCUPS is in

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GSCUPS is in
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 16:13:48 +0200

Chad Hardin wrote:
Can you look at gui's config.make and tell me what all the GSCUPS_'s variables are? These were assigned from the configure script by running cup's own cups-config program.

For comparison, here is what mine says:
GSCUPS_CFLAGS =
GSCUPS_LDFLAGS =
GSCUPS_LIBS = -lcups -lnsl
GSCUPS_DATADIR = /usr/share/cups
BUILD_GSCUPS = YES

Sure here they are:

GSCUPS_CFLAGS =
GSCUPS_LDFLAGS = -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib
GSCUPS_LIBS = -lcups -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl
GSCUPS_DATADIR = /usr/share/cups
BUILD_GSCUPS = YES

But remember that I created the missing symbolic links and now things work for me. These missing symbolic links is something that I had trouble with my SuSE installation for years now. It must be something that YAST screws up from time to time.

> When I did a ldd on the GSCUPS target, I got back interesting things
> like libgnutls and libgcrypt, but no libssl!  (I'm running Debian)

Clearly ssl gets used here.