Re: GNUstep-Base and GNUstep-GUI: Frameworks, anyone?

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep-Base and GNUstep-GUI: Frameworks, anyone?
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 03:33:20 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

AFAIR, it is beacuse some developers are treating it just as any other set of
libraries. I do not think that it is relevant reason for keeping them as
libraries instead of frameworks, because GNUstep is not "set of libraries". But
that was discussed 1000s times.

Nevertheless, if GNUstep wants to promote framework superiority over libraries,
then itself should be composed of frameworks :-)

What about --enable-libraries=yes to build gnustep as libraries, and create
frameworks by default?
I think this is an excellent middle ground...what do the rest of you thinks?

Stefan

Citát Alex Perez <address@hidden>:

Is there any particular reason why GNUstep-Base and GNUstep-GUI aren't built as frameworks? I have some patches that do this and would like to contribute them. It really cuts down on the messy GNUstep directory structure, since all the resources are inside the frameworks, where they should be.

Cheers,
Alex P