Re: Version discovery...

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Version discovery...
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:43:01 -0600

On Oct 13, 2004, at 11:10 PM, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

All,

I was recently discussing this on IRC with Alex P, and he brought up something
I've been thinking about for a while....

Is there currently a way to discover the version of gui or base an application
is running on?

Some applications, Gorm in particular, are sensitive to this. I would like to make enhancements such that it will not start and will warn the user if a
minimum version of the libraries are not present.

There's a string 'gnustep_base_version' defined in the library which isn't marked static, so theoretically an application could have access to that, but there probably ought to be a better way.