Re: NSButtonCell type ...

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: NSButtonCell type ...
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:45:32 +0100

Le 21 oct. 04, à 23:43, Nicolas Roard a écrit :

Hi,

Will it be possible to have a variable to hold the button type in NSButtonCell (eg, radio button, switch, etc.) ? I quickly added one and the extra coding/decoding code, because I need it for themes -- changing the images used in radio buttons or switch on the fly is easy and works ok.. but only if the UI is created by hand -- as Gorm serialize the currently used image... Thus you end up with a wrong image if in the meantime the image changed (eg, if you loaded another theme..) This variable is not needed for normal behavior of -gui (of course), but it helps a lot for theming..
If it's ok I'll provide a patch.

ok, forget it, my fault.. I replace the images on the fly in the case of imageNamed: , but I forget to set the flag achiveByName, and thus
instead of encoding just the image name, it encoded the whole image.
I'll test that tomorrow to be sure it solve my problem, but I guess my suggestion of keeping the nsbuttoncell type is not needed.
thanks to alexm for spotting it :-)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Roard