Re: Revised GUI patch

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Revised GUI patch
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:37:23 +0100

On 22 Oct 2004, at 04:42, Adam Fedor wrote:

On Oct 18, 2004, at 9:26 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

This reminds me of some similar issues I had a while back. The following patch fixed those problems:

http://w1.423.telia.com/~u42308495/alex/NSRunLoop_timers_1.patch

(Uncommitted; I believe I sent an RFC for it but didn't hear anything.)

Yes, this fixes the issue completely and the event loop switching for Emacs now works exactly as on OS X! Consider this a strong vote to commit from me at least.

Seems to work for me as well in a variety of different situations, so I'm for it. Although perhaps Richard should chime in.

OK ...
I don't recall having seen anything about this issue before ... but I have been very busy of late.
Anyway, on inspection the patch looks good to me.