Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Source/NSButtonCell.m

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Source/NSButtonCell.m
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:19:30 +0100

Quentin Mathé wrote:
CVSROOT:        /cvsroot/gnustep Module name:   gnustep Branch: Changes by:
Quentin Mathé <address@hidden>    04/11/08 02:20:11

Modified files: core/gui       : ChangeLog core/gui/Source:
NSButtonCell.m

Log message: Fixed the possibility to call -setImagePosition: after
-setImage: broke with the previous commit

Hi Quentin,

would you mind to explain these changes a bit? I remember well from your original patch, what you wanted to achive, which was as the possibility to have images and text in a button at the same time. From looking at the changed code I would say that this is still not possible, if you use setImagePosition: and setImage: or setTitle: in the wrong order. Are you sure that changing the button cell type in setImagePosition: is what Apple does? If not we shouldn't be doing it ourselves.

From the original bug report (#10595) I would have guessed that overwritting the method image on NSBUttonCell to return what ever image is there, regardless of the cell type, would have done the trick. (If the requested behaviour is actually there on Cocoa) This might look over simplistic, but why write loads of code, if a few lines could do? But than I don't have a Cocoa system to test this, so I may be totally off.