Re: Need testing of Patch #3268 on Windows

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Need testing of Patch #3268 on Windows
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 19:18:21 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:
I've applied this patch on a branch 'mingw-runloop'

cvs -z3 update -r mingw-runloop

Could someone test this on Windows? I've tried running, for instance, base/Testing/nsconnection, but I get a

NSPortTimeoutException: timed out waiting for a reply

This program worked before I applied the patch. Perhaps It's just me or I did something wrong...

https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?func=detailitem&item_id=3268

Could we get Richards comments on this patch before it gets merged up? I remember him stating years before that the WaitForMultipleObjects() call in Windows is limited in the amount of object it is able to handle and that this restriction wont allow larger DO applications on windows. This is why we settled to do without this at that time.