Re: Apps not respecting styles/themes

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Apps not respecting styles/themes
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:44:13 +0000

Le 11 nov. 04, à 15:00, John Bleichert a écrit :

Hello All

I've been teaching my self Objective-C with GNUstep and Gorm. Any apps I build work fine and can be run directly or with gopen, yet none of them respecte my selected themes or styles in WindowMaker, including Gorm, which I built from source. I have my shell (bash, Slackware 9.1) sourcing the GNUstep.sh script and all seems well otherwise.

Any idea why this is happening?

Well, WindowMaker doesn't use GNUstep, it uses its own toolkit. So it's technically perfectly normal that WindowMaker themes are not used on GNUstep automatically :-) As adam said, GNUstep doesn't have themes for the moment (well, you can change easily the color scheme, if you want..), but a theme engine should be released soon. I'm not sure it will be able to read WindowMaker themes -- at the moment it's not the primary goal -- but it's something that could be nice, yes. In fact ideally it can be nice to have some kind of common "format"/bundle for themes between WindowMaker and GNUstep. We'll see :-)

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke