Gorm Progress 11/13/2004 -- Improved gmodel loading support...

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 11/13/2004 -- Improved gmodel loading support...
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:23:13 -0800 (PST)

All,

I have devoted the past couple of days to making the .gmodel import in Gorm
work almost perfectly.   The hope is that, until the keyed nib format is fully
supported, that this can be used to ease the transition of nib files to gorm
files for Mac users who want to port their applications with minimal changes.

In most cases it's just a matter of loading the gmodel and saving it as a gorm
file.   In some cases the user may need to supply the load process with the
superclasses of the classes in the gmodel.   Since the class parser currently
hasn't been rewritten yet, you must choose "No" when the import process prompts
to parse the header and manually set the super class by clicking on it in the
class panel which pops up.

Please try it out and let me know what you think and please, as always, report
any problems you find.

As for nib support, it progresses steadily.   I have been researching a number
of classes on Mac OS X and I'm hoping to commit what I have this weekend.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A Maryland Corporation)
#### Maintainer of Gorm for GNUstep.