Re: GNUspeech + GNUstep = NSSpeechSynthesis.

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUspeech + GNUstep = NSSpeechSynthesis.
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 03:36:05 +0000

Le 16 nov. 04, à 02:53, Gregory John Casamento a écrit :

All,

I have taken the liberty of contacting the GNUspeech folks concerning the speech synthesis software that was contributed to the FSF (originally for NeXTSTEP) a number of years ago. Little did I know that they have been
working on porting GNUspeech to Mac OS X.

Given this news, I thought it would be an opportune time to help them port it to GNUstep and also to give us a way to implement the NSSpeechSynthesis class
for GNUstep in the process. :)

Please, let me know your thoughts/feelings on this.

That's a wonderful idea !
I guess that if thoses research labs are still using GNUspeech, they'll probably be glad to have a common gui frontend for cocoa/unix... ...And having a nice speech synthesis software available for GNUstep apps will be extremely cool ! (there was once a "talk" service for GNUstep around, if I remember, using mbrola ?)

good move !

--
Nicolas Roard
 -Arthur C. Clarke