Re: [RFC/Proposal] Cocoa.h header

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: [RFC/Proposal] Cocoa.h header
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:44:00 +0100

Am 21.11.2004 um 02:51 schrieb Alex Perez:

Our Cocoa.h needs to be exactly the same as Apple's.

IMHO, it should result in the same behaviour as Apple's.

Right now, there's other darwin-compatibility stuff in there which should be elsewhere.

Where's the enhancement?

I propose that stuff be moved to Headers/Cocoa/CocoaCompat.h or something similar. Cocoa.h will not #import this file by default, it will be like most of the other compatibility headers which are distributed with GNUstep; You will need to know that you need to import it explicitly.

Which makes writing portable code again a little more complex. And adds a few lines of identical code to each source file.

Please, contribute your feedback.

One step back, IMHO. Better work on including the other compatibility headers automatically, depending on the situation, as well.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/