Re[2]: CEST TimeZone

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re[2]: CEST TimeZone
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:21:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Dec 16, 2004, at 4:06 AM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:

 >| > Hi,
 >| >
 >| > My postgresql database returns dates with CEST tz but
 >| > there's no CEST tz in GNUstep time zones
 >| > Is it missing or is it a postgresql problem (or my own
 >| > error :-) ?
 >| >

 >| CEST is an abbreviation, so you should be able to get a timezone from
 >|
 >| +timeZoneWithAbbreviation:
 >|
 >| although it will probably return some odd timezone (I've been meaning
 >| to apply Georg's abbreviation dictionary patch regarding this).

I get the following messages:
<<
File NSData.m: 153. In readContentsOfFile Open
(/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries/Resources/gnustep-base/NSTimeZones/zones/CEST)
 attempt failed - No such file or
directory

and
<<
Unable to obtain time zone
`CEST'... <NSException: e7296f8> NAME:GSTimeZoneFileException REASON:File is
too small

When I do a
  [[NSCalendarDate alloc] initWithString:@"09/04/2003 17:58:45 CEST"
                              calendarFormat:@"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S %Z"

There's a CEST in NSTimeZones/abbreviations bu no CEST file
(NSTimeZones/zones/CEST)

BTW, the message come many times. May be we could cache the negative result
instead of trying to open the file everytime.

Manuel