Re: SEGFAULT with a multithread foundation(base) tools samples

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: SEGFAULT with a multithread foundation(base) tools samples
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:34:12 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Thierry DELHAISE wrote:

Since some discussions on irc #gnustep this afternoon, I will follow advice of aeruder (may be it's you ? ;-) ) and will build my GNUstep Foundation from source with debug symbols and will post the result of the segfault :

No its not me, I haven't used IRC for about fifteen years. But what about the result of this great advice? It really could help.

in gdb with the libFoundation provide by debian from package libFoundation_d 1.10.1-2, it seems it segfault when the second thread reach [pool release]; at the end of class method used as the selector parameter of [NSThread] : connectWithPorts;

Sending the back trace to the list would be great.

Just an idea : does the use of boem_gc (--enable-objc-gc) in the standard compiler tools chain provide by debian for gcc 3.3.5 in objc language could be the source of my problem ?

I never used the Böhm garbage collector with GNUstep myself, perhaps nobody did in recent years.

Just a quick note....
I did, and in my build scripts I commented out the --enable-objc-gc part, but there are no notes as to why I commented it out... there must have been a good reason, I guess.

Dennis
--
You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.
                        --- Sam Levenson