Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/NSBez...

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] gnustep/core/gui ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/NSBez...
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:40:17 +0700

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 01:19:21 +0100, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,
I've tested Alex's patch before it was committed but I didn't test it very well,
since I was in a hurry and just want it to do what I need correctly.

> There is just the problem that Banlu thinks that we have implemented the
> wrong behaviour here. What your code does is a better implementation of
> the old code, that is, find if the bezier path includes the point in
> some geometrical sense. What Banlu implemented in his Cairo backend and
> what he claims to be the actual behaviour for this method, is a
> Postscript like hit detection: Will this bezier path with its given line
> width, cap style and so on, touch the point, that is would it colour the
> point when drawing?
> I am not sure if his interpretation is correct and if so, if this would
> mean stroke mode or fill mode. The later should be more or less what you
> have implemented (ignoring the draw attributes).

Fill mode. In OSX it will hit the empty in the middle with even odd
winding rule.
eg. clicking in the blank space of the left star in
http://maliwan.sourceforge.net/TestDia.png
will hit. stroking line won't be considered at all.

I still want a containsStrokePoint: But it is not that neccessary by now.

> The only way I could imagine to find out about this would be to grap an
> Apple computer and try with different paths.

If you can provide some test cases. I can test it for you.