Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:54:55 -0800

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

If a rewrite is pending anyway, what's the harm in including a temporary fix in
a front end that the GCC committee doesn't consider to be worth stopping a
release for?

There's no harm. And the Objective-C maintainers are fully empowered to include such a fix.

It is my opinion that the policy of allowing ObjC to be broken in releases of
GCC should stop.

That's up to the Objective-C maintainers to ensure. As the RM, I will not hold up an otherwise good release because of Objective-C breakage.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC