Re: Patch: NSApplication -beginModalSessionForWindow:

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Patch: NSApplication -beginModalSessionForWindow:
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:11:34 +0100

Thanks! Just one quick note:

Adrian Robert wrote:
+ Although Apple's docs state that, before processing the events, it makes the
+ session window key and orders the window front, this method does not attempt
+ to do this (due to excessive overhead).

Overhead isn't the reason we don't do this. The reason is that it makes it hard to use other apps, and impossible to use works-while-modal panels in the same app. (I wrote a more detailed explanation in my earlier mail about this change.)

- Alexander Malmberg