Re: Wiki spam problem

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Wiki spam problem
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:00:21 -0800

Alexander Malmberg wrote:
Adam Fedor wrote:

I was wondering what the previous discussion was about.

I was for it before. I still am.

FWIW, I'm also ok with switching. However, I think it's absolutely necessary that the current content is moved to the new wiki.

Would it be possible to run the two in parallel and perhaps "lock" the old wiki to prevent changes there? That way, everyone could help move the current stuff over, and once it's all done, we can take the old wiki down and the new wiki moved into its place.

Yes, this is an excellent suggestion. We can put the new wiki at wiki2.gnustep.org until the content is completely migrated, then shut the old one down and change the subdomain hostname.

Manuel, can you do this?

Thanks,
Alex