Re: KVC updates

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: KVC updates
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:30:32 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

I've committed updates to KVC in base to match the spec from MacOS-X Panther. However ... I don't use KVC myself , and don't have tests for it, so please could
anyone who does give it a check and let me know about any bugs.

It seems there a few issues, but I guess some of them or not -base's problem but more GDL2 as this will break compatibility with WO/EOF 4.5

But one problem is a typo I believe:
- (void) setNilValueForKey: (NSString*)aKey
{
  /* Backward compatibility hack */
  if ([self methodForSelector: @selector(unableToSetNilForKey:)]
== [NSObject instanceMethodForSelector: @selector(unableToSetNilForKey:)])
    {
      [self unableToSetNilForKey: aKey];
    }

The "==" test should probably read "!=". PS: maybe you could cache the NSObject implementation pointer?

Right now I'm looking into another failure in the GDL2 tests wrt -unableToSetNullForKey:/-setNilValueForKey:
But that may have to be "fixed" (read hacked around) in GDL2.

Cheers,